Adult Residents of the District of Columbia, dislocated, underemployed, displaced, are eligible to participate in BTCC training.
What does the training cost?
BTCC training is offered at no cost to District of Columbia residents.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the BTCC program, you must be:
- DC Resident
- Unlikely to be able to return to previous industry or occupation.
- Has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment;
- Is eligible for or has exhausted unemployment insurance;
- Has demonstrated an appropriate attachment to the workforce, but not eligible for unemployment insurance and unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation.
- Has been terminated or laid off or received notification of termination or layoff from employment as a result of a permanent closure or substantial layoff.
- Is employed at a facility, where the employer has made the general announcement that the facility will close within a 180 days.
- Was self-employed (including employment as a farmer, a rancher or a fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community or because of a natural disaster; or
- Is displaced homemaker who is no longer supported by another family member.